Kimchi Poseidon Waffle Wins K-Food Lover Cook-off in Downtown Los Angeles
'Kimchi waffles' wins K-Food cook-off in LA Sunday, October 02, 2022
Source: JTBC via Naver
1. [+195, -8] That does not look appetizing at all
2. [+191, -15] Kimchi and waffles.. sounds terrible
3. [+189, -8] It's basically just taking the mix for kimchi jeon and grilling it in a waffle maker, no?
4. [+17, -0] That's kimchi jeon ㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+13, -1] So it's kimchi jeon grilled in a waffle maker..
6. [+10, -1] So it's kimchi, green onions, and seafood mixed into a dough -> isn't that just kimchi jeon?
7. [+8, -1] That's just kimchi jeon in a waffle maker, no?
8. [+7, -0] So it looks like a waffle but it's basically just a thick kimchi jeon... That sounds delicious
9. [+7, -0] This is probably what Italians feel when they see what Koreans have done to their pizzas by adding sweet potatoes and pineapples to it. It's a bit off-putting for us Koreans to hear about Korean food in this way.
10. [+4, -0] It probably just tastes like kimchi buchimgae
11. [+4, -1] I don't think the guy took a literal waffle and put kimchi on it. I think the waffle mix is more like a kimchi jeon that was then cooked in a waffle maker. It looks crispy and delicious.
12. [+3, -1] Kimchi and plain bread is actually a tasty combo
13. [+3, -0] So they dip the waffle in ssamjang and eat it with makgeolli? That sounds a bit much..
14. [+3, -0] Just eat kimchi jeon...
15. [+2, -0] That's just kimchi buchimgae, no?? I know people get weird when you say flour and kimchi in the same sentence but it probably tastes like adding kimchi to ramen or jjapagetti